I have done everything to get into a four year credited college. I got good grades, took the SATs (several times I might add), took online classes (some even with a normal school load), even graduated a year early! Now, all I'm asking is for a little help from the world. But I am not asking for anything for free. I will work for anything you have to offer. And remember, nothing is too small or too insignificant. Advice or a kind word is as greatly appreciated as a donation or contribution.

Pages

Twitter

Monday, July 5, 2010

Day One --July 5th

Hey all!
For anyone who reads this, obviously you know (or really should know) by now that I am going 3,000 miles to college from my hometown and am in need of some small things to help me make my way there.
But what you don't know is why am I going 3,000 miles away from my family, friends, and everything else I've known for 17 years. Is it because I'm one of those teenagers who hates their parents and just wants to get away? No. In fact, I love my mom dearly...even though she sometimes gets on my nerves (and I on hers). The real reason I am moving so far away (besides that I got a good scholarship) is because I am looking for a whole new experience.
Everyone always says that college is supposed to be that one experience that will help you grow as a person, not only mentally, but socially as well. So, it dawned on me while I was applying to colleges that if I'm going to have a life changing experience, why not change my life? And when a totally out-of-the-way college decided they liked me, I went for it.

Not only am I preparing for a new school, new friends, and new challenges, I'm preparing for a new home, and a completely different environment.


Just as a side note...does anyone have a Pensky truck rental coupon? If so, PLEASE let me know!

Signing off,
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment