I have done everything to get into a four year credited college. I got good grades, took the SATs (several times I might add), took online classes (some even with a normal school load), even graduated a year early! Now, all I'm asking is for a little help from the world. But I am not asking for anything for free. I will work for anything you have to offer. And remember, nothing is too small or too insignificant. Advice or a kind word is as greatly appreciated as a donation or contribution.

Pages

Twitter

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

About me and some things I DID learn in HS

The last two days I've been looking for more work, and I finally found it! It's only an odd job here and there, but at least it's more money towards an apartment or something else I'll need in college.
I keep trying to have a positive attitude, because I read somewhere that keeping a positive attitude helps a person generate their own luck. Kinda like Karma. I'm not sure if it works that way or not, but at least having a good attitude is better than being bitter about everything :)
Anyway, I still haven't found an apartment...everything seems to be just a little too far. Hopefully soon I'll find something just a bit closer. Right now I've only seen places that are an hour+ away from my school by bus which isn't too bad, but I won't be getting much sleep if I have to wake up 2 hours before classes each morning. I'm still looking though :)

Sorry I don't have much to report...things are going very slow now but I know in about few weeks time things are gonna pick up. Fast. So, I'm retaining my positive attitude and doing all that I can now while everything is still fairly slow.

And seeing as how there isn't much to report...I'll tell you a little more about me and what I've learned over the years.

As you already know, I've got a dog. She's sort of like my best friend, even if that sounds weird.

My favorite color changes frequently to fit my moods or type of clothes, first it was blue (to fit my girlish way of dressing in middle school), then it was black (to fit my sort of emo-like phase--I wasn't emo, but I did like black a lot..plus, I was really insecure as a freshman), and finally now it's red (to fit my I-don't-care-what-people-think attitude). And I don't care what other people think of me when it comes to what clothes I wear, or what music I like, or who I chose to hang out with.

My favorite music choices (by the way) are pretty much anything that sounds good to me. I've liked classical, rap, metal, country, rock, alternative, indie, punk...pretty much everything. Mostly I listen to alternative/metal/rock however, because I like the fast beats and the lyrics. I recently downloaded "Jar of Hearts" By Christina Perri, and I gotta say...it's fantastic. I can't wait for her to come out with more music. I recommend this song to anyone who appreciates a good "lovesick" song, or to anyone who appreciates raw talent.

I've been wanting to learn how to play the guitar for some time now...my mom bought me one a couple years back for Christmas but I never found the time or the drive to stick with it. Every time I pick it up, my fingers hurt! lol It really is true what they say, "no pain, no gain" and with guitar, you've gotta develop calluses on your fingers to be able to play for long periods of time.

I do homework and other school stuff way too much. While I was in high school I took online classes, so I was doing something for school Monday through Sunday. If I took a day off, it was for Thanksgiving or Christmas. My spring breaks and summers were spent online, doing Physics or Algebra. I'm not a geek though. I don't study or do homework because I really love it, because I would probably like hanging out with friends much more. I did all the extra work because I knew what I wanted out of life, and I wasn't going to play around with my grades. I knew that grades were important to important colleges, so I sacrificed most of my social life (and sometimes all) to get ahead. Now that I've graduated, I know it was all worth it. The things I used to care about when I first started high school, like boys and cute outfits, all seem very small now that my life is finally starting to take shape. If I could go back and tell myself to stay away from distractions, I would.

I absolutely LOVE reading. It's like a whole other world I can drown in...kind of like a movie, except I can picture it in my head. Starting about two years ago, when everyone would ask me what I wanted for Christmas or my birthday, I said, "books." And I was completely serious. I love it when I have a gift card to Borders or Barnes, and I can buy a couple books that I've been dying to read for a few months:) (I'm not a geek, but I AM a bookworm!!)

Anyway, those are just some of the little things about me, some things I enjoy, and some things I've learned. If anyone reads this and would like to ask me anything about high school or anything else, please do. I always like to help, even if it's just giving advice.


For now, goodnight!
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment