I have done everything to get into a four year credited college. I got good grades, took the SATs (several times I might add), took online classes (some even with a normal school load), even graduated a year early! Now, all I'm asking is for a little help from the world. But I am not asking for anything for free. I will work for anything you have to offer. And remember, nothing is too small or too insignificant. Advice or a kind word is as greatly appreciated as a donation or contribution.

Pages

Twitter

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Impossible

Listening to Anberlin's new single, I realized that the last couple days could be titled "Impossible" as well. That Craigslist post I made for a job wanted proved not to furnish any real job offers (dumb advertisers and scammers!) but I don't hold anything against Craigslist. I made a new post though, in hopes that someone will see it and actually have a job for me. But that wasn't it though. I recently filled out two applications for local jobs, and handed them in. So far, I haven't received any calls from either job, but then again I don't know how long it takes for an employer to look over an application. (Shouldn't it only be a day or two?) It all just seems like everything is extremely hard to accomplish. How does everyone else do it?

Another thing that seems "Impossible" is college. No one ever told me that you had to do so many things AFTER you attended school for 12 years, received good (or excellent) grades, took the SAT (or ACT) several times, filled out too many applications, handled all the paperwork for transcripts and scholarships, and (finally) graduated high school with a diploma. I knew that their would be some paperwork involved, but jeez! No one said anything about how hard it would be to get a loan, or move to another state for college.

So, impossibly, I'm getting through it all. Just very, very, slowly and, god help me, patiently.

For now,
S.

PS. My friend made this little dancing thing I thought was cute:
<('.'<) <( '.' )> (>'.')>

No comments:

Post a Comment