I have done everything to get into a four year credited college. I got good grades, took the SATs (several times I might add), took online classes (some even with a normal school load), even graduated a year early! Now, all I'm asking is for a little help from the world. But I am not asking for anything for free. I will work for anything you have to offer. And remember, nothing is too small or too insignificant. Advice or a kind word is as greatly appreciated as a donation or contribution.

Pages

Twitter

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

What they don't teach you in school!

Ever wonder why we are not taught how to do practical things at school? Like: how to decide on the right college, or how to make travel plans, how to rent a truck, how to move, how to change our address, how to set up electric at our own place, how to open a bank account, how to negotiate a pay rate for a new job, or even how to get a job?

I was inteligent enough to work my way through high school. I even graduated a year early, by taking online courses and regular high school classes at the same time! However, deciding on a college, getting together a move, setting up an apartment or place to live, finding a roommate. Geez! Those things are way harder than any advanced high school class. What happened to the instruction manual?

Yesterday, I started going through my things, getting rid of stuffed animals and a life long host of items with memories attached. Why? There is NOT a truck big enough to fit them all! hahaha Plus, it is not very practical to cart a bunch of, what others might call, junk half way across the continent. So, today was more going through the memories and deciding which ones I cannot live without. The others will have to remain just a notion in my head. :)

I looked at the route today. I need to find the best route from Florida to Washington. Anyone have any ideas? I would like the trip to be as fun as possible and I have about 11 days. Are there any great places on the way? Or places that would be worth altering my drive? There is a bit of adventurer in me! So I figure, I might as well make this trip worth it. I mean, how often do you get to drive 3000milestocollege in your lifetime? I would love to see some historical sights, meet some fun people, do some amazing things on the way. Any suggestions?

I'm looking for a place to live somewhere near Seattle, Tacoma or Renton. Actually, anywhere within a 50 minute bus ride to downtown Seattle. This is what I would like:
clean large 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom, private bathroom, air conditioning, heat, a nice view would be great but not required, a patio or small back yard, washer and dryer hookups (if it already has a washer/dryer that's fine). I have a medium size well-behaved/trained dog. I would really like to bring her. Her comfort on the long trip is a concern and also having a place that accepts her once I get there.

That's all the time I have for now. Please leave suggestions, comments, advice. They are always welcome and I need all the help I can get! Believe me!
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment